Resident Parking Decal Program
The City of Myrtle Beach is pleased to offer residents an online registration system for Resident Parking Decals. This system is only available to city residents who have a vehicle or motorcycle that "lives" in the city limits and on which city property taxes have been paid. Commercial use vehicles are not eligible for the Resident parking Decal.
To use the system, you must have your 2017 Horry County Vehicle Paid Tax Receipt and your current South Carolina Vehicle Registration Card. If you have a qualifying golf cart, you must also have your SC Golf Cart permit number, issued by the SC Department of Motor Vehicles. NOTE: CURRENT PARKING DECALS ARE VALID THROUGH 2018. IF YOU HAVE ONE AS SHOWN ABOVE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY FOR ANOTHER ONE UNTIL 2019.
Enter your name EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS ON THE TAX RECEIPT. If you paid the vehicle taxes in 2018, you will either need to find the 2017 receipt and use it, or take your 2018 receipt and registration to the Parking Office on the first floor of the Pavilion Parking Garage, corner of Kings Highway and Ninth Avenue North. If you do not have your vehicle tax receipt, you can look it up at www.horrycounty.org/OnlineServices/TaxPayments.
If any of the following apply, you WILL NOT be able to use the online registration system, but may apply for your decal in person at the Myrtle Beach Parking Office, 914 North Kings Highway, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- I no longer have the vehicle listed on my 2017 Horry County Vehicle Paid Tax Receipt.
- I am a new resident of the City of Myrtle Beach and did not pay city vehicle property tax in the 2017 calendar year.
- I moved into the City of Myrtle Beach after I paid my 2017 Horry County Vehicle Property Tax.
HOW TO APPLY IN-PERSON
When applying in person, you must bring proof that you are a City of Myrtle Beach resident and that you have paid City of Myrtle Beach vehicle property tax on the vehicle for which you are seeking a decal. You will need to present the following documents:
- Horry County Vehicle Paid Tax Receipt for 2017 or 2018, showing City of Myrtle Beach tax.
- SC Vehicle Registration Card
- Your SC Driver's License; your residence address must match your Horry County Vehicle Paid Tax Receipt.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS. HAVE YOUR 2017 VEHICLE TAX RECEIPT READY, ALONG WITH YOUR VEHICLE REGISTRATION CARD.