Downtown Development Office
Lauren Clever, Director
Brian Schmitt, Executive Assistant
The Downtown Development Office's mission is to facilitate revitalization of Myrtle Beach's central business district through the following actions...
- Lead the Arts & Innovation District and Master Plan execution process.
- Actively promote the Opportunity Zones in Myrtle Beach.
- Add and enhance public infrastructure (example: Myrtle Beach Boardwalk).
- Create and promote economic incentive programs.
- Educate the business community about available incentives and business strategies.
- Host events to encourage foot traffic to the business community during shoulder seasons.
- Implement strategic aesthetic and business development goals.
- Strengthen partnerships with small business community, private investors and development sector professionals.
- All Downtown Plans & Studies
- Arts & Innovation District
- Business Incentives, Grants, Partnerships & Tax Credits
- Development Project Voucher Credit Program
- Downtown Master Plan (downtown revitalization)
- Gold Cap Ambassadors
- Historic Preservation
- One Grand Strand Downtown Development Framework
- Opportunity Zones