Monthly City Council Workshop
MYRTLE BEACH CITY COUNCIL MONTHLY WORKSHOP AGENDA
9:00 A.M., THURSDAY, MARCH 4, 2021
BALLROOMS D-E, MYRTLE BEACH CONVENTION CENTER
2101 NORTH OAK STREET, MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29577
NOTE: CITIZENS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE IN THE MEETINGS. CITIZENS WHO WISH TO ADDRESS COUNCIL ON NON-AGENDA ISSUES ARE ASKED TO SIGN IN PRIOR TO THE START OF THE MEETING AND STATE THEIR NAMES PRIOR TO SPEAKING. A TOTAL OF 30 MINUTES WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE END OF THE MEETING.
ANYONE WHO REQUIRES AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE FOR EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION OR PARTICIPATION SHOULD CONTACT THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE AT (843) 918-1004 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED EVENT.
A. Mayor and Council Welcome and Statement of Meeting's Purpose
B. Reports from City Staff (30-60 minutes each)
1. Accommodations Tax Application Review
2. Myrtle Beach Police Department – 2021 Spring Deployment and Homelessness Initiative Update
3. Hospitality Tax Review and Financial Update
C. Updates from City Staff (10-15 minutes each)
D. Council Discussion Items
E. Public Input (three-minute limit per speaker; 30 minutes maximum)
F. Executive Session*
1. Negotiations concerning proposed contractual matter involving Place Making Organization and One Grand Strand
2. Negotiations concerning proposed contractual matter involving Tourism Development Fee and Accommodations Tax
*Note: South Carolina law requires that Council’s business is conducted in public with limited exceptions, known as “Executive Sessions.” Subjects eligible for Executive Session include:
- Personnel matters.
- Negotiations concerning proposed contractual arrangements and proposed sale or purchase of property.
- The receipt of legal advice relating to:
- A pending, threatened, or potential claim.
- Other matters covered by the attorney-client privilege.
- Settlement of legal claims, or the position of the city in other adversary situations.
- Discussions regarding development of security personnel or devices.
- Investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct.
- Matters relating to the proposed location, expansion, or provision of services encouraging location or expansion of industries or other businesses.
Motions to go into Executive Session must be made in public and specify one or more of the reasons above. Council takes no votes or action in Executive Session. Council may take action on matters discussed in Executive Session which are deemed to be “emergency” concerns upon reconvening in open session.