Monthly City Council Workshop
MONTHLY MYRTLE BEACH CITY COUNCIL WORKSHOP AGENDA
9:00 A.M., THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2021
JOHN T. RHODES MYRTLE BEACH SPORTS CENTER
2115 SPORTS CENTER WAY, MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29577
ANYONE WHO REQUIRES AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE FOR EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION OR PARTICIPATION SHOULD CONTACT THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE AT (843) 918-1004 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED EVENT.
C. Updates from City Staff (Approximately 10-15 Minutes Each)
- 2021 GSATS/C-Fund Update – Janet Curry, Eric Norris
- Downtown Projects Update
- Ninth Avenue North Buildings
- Rails to Trails
- Civic Complex
- 2022 Legislative Outlook and Priority Setting – Tony Denny, Le Frye
- American Surf Parks, LLC, Update – Phil Dixon, Jeff Skelly
*Note: South Carolina law requires that Council’s business is conducted in public with limited exceptions, known as “Executive Sessions.” Subjects eligible for Executive Session include:
- Personnel matters.
- Negotiations concerning proposed contractual arrangements and proposed sale or purchase of property.
- The receipt of legal advice relating to:
- Discussions regarding development of security personnel or devices.
- Investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct.
- Matters relating to the proposed location, expansion, or provision of services encouraging location or expansion of industries or other businesses.
Motions to go into Executive Session must be made in public and specify one or more of the reasons above. Council takes no votes or action in Executive Session. Council may take action on matters discussed in Executive Session which are deemed to be “emergency” concerns upon reconvening in open session.