City of Myrtle Beach
1:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Conference Room, City Services Building
921 North Oak Street, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
ANYONE WHO REQUIRES AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE FOR EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION OR PARTICIPATION SHOULD CONTACT 843-918-1050 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED EVENT.
A. Call Meeting to Order
B. Matters of Order:
- Approval of Minutes – May 17, 2022
C. Executive Session: The board may take action on items discussed during Executive Session, once the Executive Session ends and the Public Session resumes.
D. Matters of Business:
- PRE-FIN 22-06 Market Common R6: Request by LUK-MB2, LLC (Tim Harris, ASI Engineers agent), to subdivide approximately 4.04 acres at Farrow Parkway and Hackler Street (TMS #186-27-01-143; #186-27-01-146; #186-27-01-147; #186-27-01-345 through #186-27-01-355; #186-27-01-366 through #186-27-01-390; #186-27-01-654; and, #186-27-01-661) into 64 townhome parcels. (Previously approved on 07/21/20.)
- PRE-FIN 22-07 Living Dunes: Request by Cameron Parker with DRG Engineering to subdivide approximately 1.91 acres into 27 single family townhome/coupled cottage lots in Phases 2, 3-C and 4-parcel A-1 (PIN #394-16-04-0119, #394-16-03-0001, #394-09-03-0035, #394-09-04-0042 and #394-09-03-0033).
E. Presentation of New Applications:
- TEXT 22-10 Motor Vehicle Parts in MUM: Request by Tradewinds Plaza, LLC, to amend Article 14, Zoning Districts, Sec. 1407 Table of Uses, to allow motor vehicle parts stores as a permitted use in the MUM (Mixed Use- Medium Density) District.
- TEXT 22-11 MU Parking Lots in RMH: Request by Yosi Benezra for Lineage Construction Inc. to amend Sec. 1501.LL to: allow developments in MU-H (Mixed Use – High Density) districts to install required parking on adjacent property zoned RMH (Multifamily Residential High Density), as is currently allowed for MU-M (Mixed Use – Medium Density) developments; and, by Staff to beef up the required landscape buffer.
- STN 22-03 Alva Circle: Request by Thomas & Hutton to name a new internal drive at Edison at Farrow Commons 2, providing access to five multifamily buildings and an amenity center, “Alva Circle.”
- TEXT 22-08 Golf Cart Rentals: Request by staff to amend the Code Of Ordinances, City Of Myrtle Beach, Appendix A Zoning Sections 1407.C Permitted Uses, and 1501.FF Conditional Uses to add Golf Cart Rentals as a Conditional Use in the Amusement (A), Entertainment (E) and Highway Commercial (HC) zoning districts and to align the City Zoning Code with changes in state law regarding golf cart registration requirements.
F. Communications from the Planning Commission
G. Communications from City Staff
H. Meeting Adjournment