icon of a microphone

Infrastructure Project Request


The Public Works Department includes the Engineering Division, Equipment Maintenance Division, Parks Division, Solid Waste & Recycling Division, Street Division, Traffic Engineering Division and Water & Sewer Division.  To learn more, visit the Public Works Department webpage.


To view in a new tab, click here:



NOTE:  Requests related to privately-owned and SCDOT-owned roadways are not eligible.  Roads located outside of Myrtle Beach city limits are also ineligible.  Before submitting a request, check to verify that the related roadway is owned and maintained by the City of Myrtle Beach.  To learn more about in-city, SCDOT-owned roads and how to submit traffic calming requests, scroll to the bottom of this webpage. 

From time-to-time, citizens initiate requests for specific neighborhood infrastructure improvement projects.  These include new sidewalk installations, stormwater system improvements and traffic calming devices for public roadways. 
The city provides a uniform policy for the review of these types of requests to determine the level of support each request has within the neighborhood it will directly affect.  City staff review each request with professional engineering standards and practices in mind to determine the resolution’s possible success.  

A successful outcome ensures the following infrastructure priorities are met:

  1. Promotes health and safety.
  2. Enhances the quality of life for residents.
  3. Further improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the city’s infrastructure.   

After city team members review the request, City Council will be presented with the request and possible solutions.  City Council will review and evaluate each project request and resolutions.  City Council has the right to pursue projects or deny the pursuit of projects, regardless of the results of the city staff-led review process.  City Council may choose to modify a particular project, too. 



Several roadways in Myrtle Beach city limits are owned by the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT).  Note that the City of Myrtle Beach does not maintain state-owned roads, therefore requests for SCDOT roadways must be submitted directly to the South Carolina Department of Transportation.  For information, including submission guidelines and and an application, download the SCDOT's Traffic Calming Guidelines PDF.