Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium
The Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium is jointly owned by the City of Myrtle Beach and the Horry County School District. The stadium seats 4,500 spectators, 3,500 on the home side and 1,000 on the visitors' side. It features an eight-lane composite track and a Field Turf all-weather playing surface. For more information, contact the Sports Tourism Division at 843-918-2278.
The track at Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium reopens for public use on June 1, 2020, with revised hours. See below. However, special events may preempt public use of the facilities. The facility will be closed on June 2, 2020, for Myrtle Beach High School’s graduation.
Monday through Thursday… 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday… 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday… 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The stadium is home to the Myrtle Beach High School Seahawks and a growing list of regional and national track and field events. The city and the schools work together to maximize the stadium's use and community benefit. Here are the current stadium rental rates...
- $1,000 per day (city resident/civic rate)
- $3,125 per day (city resident/non-civic rate)
- $1,670 per day (non-city resident/civic rate)
- $5,419 per day (non-city/non-civic rate)
For additional rental information, contact Blake Barbee at 843-918-2370.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Pets are PROHIBITED inside gated areas and playing fields.
- Littering is PROHIBITED.
- Smoking and/or the use of tobacco products in the gated area of the complex is PROHIBITED.
- Personal coolers or outside food or beverages are PROHIBITED inside gated area.
- Park only in designated areas within the parking lots. Vehicles parked on the grass and/or curbsides are subject to ticketing or towing.
- Food, gum and sunflower seeds are PROHIBITED inside gated area.
- Grilling, or any open fires, is PROHIBITED.
- Alcoholic beverages are PROHIBITED in the complex or parking lots.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades or scooters are PROHIBITED in gated areas.
- Climbing on fences, bleachers, trees or railings is PROHIBITED.
- Throwing or hitting balls of any kind into the fences is PROHIBITED.
- Hitting golf balls is PROHIBITED inside the complex.
- Driving stakes into the field is PROHIBITED.
- Weapons are PROHIBITED on the property.
- Trespassing after hours is PROHIBITED.
The City of Myrtle Beach hosts tens of thousands of amateur athletes every year in dozens of tournaments and sporting events. Interested in bringing your team or tournament to the beach? For more information about other Myrtle Beach sports facilities, contact the City of Myrtle Beach’s Sports Tourism Division at 843-918-2278.