Are you seeking a Housing Choice Voucher? The Myrtle Beach Housing Authority’s pre-application voucher lottery period begins at 8:00 a.m., Monday, January 10, and closes at 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 11, 2022. Any computer, smart phone or tablet with a secure internet connection works during the lottery application period. For details, see the MBHA website, https://www.mbhaonline.org. After the period closes, the Housing Authority randomly selects and adds 1,000 pre-applications to the Housing Choice Voucher waiting list. The voucher program helps low-income families afford to remain in a rental unit. The pre-application is the first step in the process. Anyone can apply, but applicants should know the Housing Authority’s waiting list can be years long. Questions? Call 843-918-1525. Here’s a list of helpful things to consider before applying….
• The pre-application requests social security number, name, mailing address, contact phone number, contact email, date of birth, sex, any disabilities within household, race, ethnicity and whether or not the household contains a registered sex offender.
• Horry County residency is not required; income verification is not required.
• Program participants must be a citizen or have eligible immigration status in the United States.
• No application fees are required! Applicants should report individuals requesting application fees as scam artists.
• No paper or faxed pre-applications will be accepted. Only one pre-application will be accepted per person.
• Once application submission is complete, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant.
• The lottery takes place when the computer randomly selects 1,000 applicants from the lottery pool.
• Applicants do not need to apply at the Myrtle Beach Housing Authority. Again, any computer, smart phone or tablet with a secure internet connection works during the lottery application period.
• Vouchers can only be used in Myrtle Beach Housing Authority Service Area and in eastern Horry County.