Myrtle Beach provides traffic plan for Memorial Day weekend
Here’s the Ocean Boulevard traffic and safety plan for the Memorial Day weekend in Myrtle Beach….
• Traffic on Ocean Boulevard will be one-way, southbound, from 29th Avenue North to South Kings Highway. Northbound travel lanes will be reserved for emergency vehicles (police, fire and EMS).
• Access to Ocean Boulevard will be at cross avenues which have a stoplight at Kings Highway. Those are 29th Avenue North, 21st Avenue North, Ninth Avenue North, Third Avenue South, Ninth Avenue South and 13th Avenue South.
• For safety, pedestrians on the sidewalks will be separated from vehicles in the road along five miles of Ocean Boulevard, from 29th Avenue North to South Kings Highway.
• Should traffic demands exceed roadway capacity, traffic will be diverted to a less congested area. Traffic control devices are staged at intersections to support the safety and management plan.
• The South Carolina Highway Patrol will be assigned to eight intersections from 3:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. and will control and direct traffic in those intersections.
• From Friday through Monday, no golf carts are permitted south of 29th Avenue North on Ocean Boulevard; all South Carolina golf cart laws are enforced in Myrtle Beach.
• Mopeds are prohibited on Ocean Boulevard from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. each night, Friday through Monday, May 27-30; all South Carolina moped laws are enforced in Myrtle Beach.
• Impromptu parties are illegal in both private and public parking areas.
• The City of Myrtle Beach enforces a juvenile curfew. Ages 17 and under are required to be off the streets, with few exceptions, between 12:00 and 6:00 a.m.
• Questions? Call 843-918-INFO (4636) for information beginning Friday, May 27.