Coyote guidelines for the City of Myrtle Beach
What do I need to know about coyotes along the Grand Strand? The City of Myrtle Beach provides a handy guide for helping to control coyotes in urban areas. Visit https://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/coyotes.pdf for more information. Coyotes are common across South Carolina, even in city settings. Here are some general safety rules to protect your pets from coyotes…
• Allow pets outside only when you are with them, especially at night.
• Keep pet food and water inside; if you must feed outside, bring dishes in when your pet has eaten.
• Keep garbage containing food well secured.
• Keep dogs on a leash in public area; never leave them outside unattended.
• Discourage or harass coyotes: aggressively make the coyote uncomfortable if it is invading your space.