Myrtle Beach Friday Fax Memo
To download a printable .pdf of the Friday Fax, click here. To receive this weekly listing of meeting schedules and agendas via email, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, fill out the Friday Fax Sign Up Form at the bottom of this webpage.
FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 20211. Next week’s meeting schedule is attached.
2. Just a reminder that it’s illegal for individuals to shoot fireworks in the City of Myrtle Beach. City code prohibits the sale, possession or use of fireworks inside the city, with the exception of approved, professional fireworks shows. A violation is a misdemeanor, subject to a fine and/or jail time. Rather than risk a ticket (and making your neighbors unhappy) by shooting fireworks, please enjoy one of the following professional fireworks displays during the July Fourth holiday weekend…
- 10:00 p.m., Friday, July 2, 2021 – Broadway at the Beach
- After the game, Friday, July 2 – Myrtle Beach Pelicans’ Stadium
- After the game, Saturday, July 3 – Myrtle Beach Pelicans’ Stadium
- After the game, Sunday, July 4 – Myrtle Beach Pelicans’ Stadium
- 10:00 p.m., Sunday, July 4, 2021 – Broadway at the Beach
- 10:00 p.m., Sunday, July 4, 2021 – From Second Avenue Pier, Ocean Boulevard
- 10:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 6, 2021 – Broadway at the Beach
4. Would you like to serve on a volunteer board, commission or committee for the City of Myrtle Beach? To be considered for one of these volunteer positions, submit a letter of interest and a brief biography or résumé to City Clerk Jennifer Adkins, P.O. Box 2468, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578. Or, send an email to email@example.com. The following boards, commissions and committees have vacancies or upcoming reappointments.
- Standard Code Board of Adjustments and Appeals (1 seat for Architect/Engineer and 1 seat for Licensed Contractor)
- Election Commission (1 seat)
- Seniors Advisory Committee (1 seat)
- Convention Center Hotel Board (3 seats)
- Board of Zoning Appeals (1 seat)
- Community Appearance Board (1 seat)
- Human Rights Commission (1 seat)
6. Thousands of young archers from across the country filled the John T. Rhodes Sports Center and Myrtle Beach Convention Center last weekend, and that’s the subject of our Photos of the Week. The National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) Open Championship was held here. Some 5,000 junior Errol Flynns and Katniss Everdeens took part in two competitions: bullseye targets at the Convention Center and 3-D targets at the Sports Center. This is an example of the diversity we see in our sports tourism programs.
7. Did you know... That the City of Myrtle Beach sanitary sewer system includes 257.8 miles of gravity sewer lines and 99.7 miles of sewer force-mains, along with 6,596 manholes and 5,972 clean-out locations? The system also has 520 force-main valves and 165 air release valves. In all, that’s 357.5 miles of underground sewer lines serving residents, businesses and visitors!
PREVIOUS FRIDAY FAX MEMOS
FRIDAY FAX SIGN UP FORM
To receive this weekly listing of meeting schedules and agendas via email, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, complete the form below.