The City of Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach Military Appreciation Days and the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce collectively host a series of events each May to celebrate our military! To observe our city’s military history of nearly 50 years, Myrtle Beach Military Appreciation Days commends those who serve, or have served, our great nation. The celebration features various free events, including a parade and picnic. More details to follow….
• Military Appreciation Days Parade and Grand Marshal Rocky Bleier – 10:30 a.m., Saturday, May 29, Along Farrow Parkway, The Market Common
• Military Appreciation Days Picnic and Exhibits – 11:00 a.m., Saturday, May 29, Valor Memorial Garden, 1120 Farrow Parkway
• Veterans’ March on Memorial Day Monday – 9:00 a.m., Monday, May 31, Along Ocean Boulevard, 16th to Ninth Avenues North
• Battlefield Cross Ceremony – 9:30 a.m., Monday, May 31, Burroughs & Chapin Pavilion Place, 812 North Ocean Boulevard
• Memorial Day Remembrance Ceremony – 11:00 a.m., Monday, May 31, Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 2101 North Oak Street
• Memorial Day Film – 2:00 p.m., Monday, May 31, Grand 14 Cinema, 4002 Deville Street (The Market Common)